Social Impact Assessment (SIA) is an important tool for NGOs to understand how their projects may affect their target populations. By identifying and measuring the likely effects of their planned actions in the social ecosystem, SIA provides organisations with a valuable insight to assure that their work will effectively contribute to achieve social improvements, reinforcing the credibility and sustainability of their projects.
The objective of this workshop is to help NGOs better understand how they are transforming the social ecosystem and how they can improve the effectiveness of their social impact. At the end of the session, participants will be able to develop a strategy to enable their organisations to have a continuously strong and positive social impact.
- What is social impact? Why should it be measured?
- Introducing SIA: scope, stakeholders, theory of change and logic models
- Measuring social impact: progress, outcome indicators, monitoring and reporting
- Principles and components of a social impact assessment strategy
- Pitfalls and challenges of SIA
- From theory to practice: designing a social impact assessment strategy for your organisation
The session will be led by Sofia van der Hoofd, economist specialised in project evaluation and social impact assessment from our partner organization Generation Why Not.
Date: Wednesday, December 7 2016, 9:00-12:30
Place: Mundo-B – Rue d’Edimbourg 26, Brussels 1050
Price: 60 euro
For registration, please complete the registration form and send it to email@example.com before November 28. Limited seats, we highly appreciate early registration.